Here you will learn how to install the TWRP custom recovery on the Oneplus 3T and Root the OnePlus 3T. All credit goes to the XDA developer jcadduono who provide the unofficial TWRP for OnePlus 3T. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3T. Read all the steps very carefully and follow all the steps open by one on your phone.
Things Your Need to Root Oneplus 3T
UP to 25% cashback on bluetooth speakers
UP to 25% cashback on bluetooth speakers on Paytm
How to Install TWRP on Oneplus 3T
1. First Unlock the Bootloader of your phone. If you already did that then follow the next step.
2. First, you have to enable USB debugging mode and OEM Unlock on your phone. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times. And enable USB debugging and OEM unlock. Usb-debugging-and-OEM-Unlocking
3. Now open the ADB folder on your windows and press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder and selected ‘Open command window here.’ adb-and-fastboot-files
4. Copy the TWRP recovery file (twrp-3.0.2-0-oneplus3t.img) on the ADB folder that you create above. Rename the twrp-3.0.2-0-oneplus3t.img file to TWRP.img.
5. Now connect your phone to the PC with USB cable and enter the following command in the command prompt to boot your phone into fastboot mode.
6. Once your 3T boots into bootloader mode, issue the following command into command window to flash the TWRP.img file:
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
7. Now type below command to boot into recovery.
fastboot boot TWRP.img
Now the TWRP custom Recovery is successfully installeD on your Oneplus 3T and your phone is on the TWRP mode.
Root Oneplus 3T
1. Now your phone will boot into the TWRP mode. From the main page of the recovery select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again,” and Swipe allow modification. twrp-oneplus-3t
2. Now transfer the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip file to your device over MTP and flash it. GO to install and Locate the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip and flash the same.
3. Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data,” and type “yes” (If you want to mount internal storage).
4. Now again go back to the main menu and Select install and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root OnePlus 3T.
5. Once the Super SU zip file is flashed on your phone. Reboot System.
Now your Oneplus 3T is rooted and TWRP Custom recovery is successfully installed. If you have any questions, then comment below.