Tata Motors, the company that has been catering to our country’s transport needs was founded in the year 1945, by the name TELCO (Tata Engineering and Locomotive Company).
Their products range from daily passenger cars, trucks to construction equipment and military vehicles. Not only in India, the company also has manufacturing facilities in countries like Argentina, South Africa, Thailand, Britain along with R&D facilities in South Korea and Spain, thus making it one of the global leaders when it comes to automobiles.
Flat Rs. 3000 Off on Galaxy On NxtGalaxy On Nxt- Flat Rs. 3000 Off
So the amazing facts about Tata Motors
- Tata Motors is a 70-year-old company, initially, they made locomotives (trains/coaches).
- They rolled out their first vehicle in the year 1954 which was a truck in collaboration with Daimler-Benz AG (also known as Mercedes). Yes, Mercedes did help out Tata as result the first Tata trucks came with the logo of Mercedes.
- In the year 1955, three Tata trucks traveled 8000 miles from Bombay to Geneva without facing any problem or breakdowns. Any questions on the reliability ???
- Tata Motors has been exporting vehicles since past 50 years. They exported their first trucks to Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) in the year 1961.
- Tata introduced their own logo in their vehicles in the year 1969 after the technical collaboration with Mercedes ended that very year.
- Tata disrupted the collaboration between rival India and Japanese companies like Eicher-Mitsubishi, DCM Toyota, Swaraj Mazda and Allwyn-Nissan with the launch of Tata 407 in the year 1986.
- Tata Motors launched the first totally indigenous made in India car the Indica in the year 1998.
- Facing insult from the foreign automobile giant Ford, in the beginning, Tata took revenge by buying up their luxury car brand Jaguar Land Rover from Ford in 2008. Under the aegis of Tata, the company has launched luxury cars like Jaguar F-type, fourth gen Land Rover, Range Rover Evoque etc.
- India’s first indigenous MUV(multi-utility-vehicle) Tata Sumo was named after a former MD of Tata Motors, Sumant Moolgaokar.
- Tata Motors also holds a strong position in making advanced armoured vehicles for the military.
Sources: Tata Motors
Know more facts about Tata Motors. Feel free to comment down.
Do Like and Share
Follow our page on Facebook for more amazing stuffs